ESP-MC Series Controller
Four Program Hybrid Controllers
The power of an advanced water-management tool in an easy-to-use package. The ESP-MC is a commercial-duty controller for the basic or sophisticated user.
Four programs, a real-time calendar, Rain Bird's exclusive Cycle+Soak™ water management software, and the best customer satisfaction program in the industry, helping you conserve both water and money.
- ESP: Extra Simple Programming with self-prompting large alphanumeric LCD display makes this controller easy to program, read and understand.
- Enhanced protection against lightning and contamination assures reliable performance and safeguards your investment.
- 12-hour watering duration for any or all stations to aid in drip compatibility.
- Four independent programs, with eight start times each, allow mixed irrigation applications in a single controller.
- Two master valve/pump start terminals, one programmable by station, to provide better irrigation control.
- All programs can overlap to maximize hydraulic efficiency and minimize watering time.
- 365-day calendar with leap year intelligence for one-time date and time setting.
- Event-Day-Off option to set any day of the month as a non-watering day for all programs.
- Programmable rain delay enables system to stay off for up to 99 days with auto-restart.
- Upgradable to MAXICOM2® satellite.
- Independent day cycle by program.
- Water budget by program provides adjustments from 0 to 300% in 1% increments (up to a maximum run time of 16 hours).
- Rain Bird's exclusive Cycle+Soak™ by station allows the total station run time to be split into usable cycles, minimizing puddling and runoff.
- Programmable-Delay-Between-Stations provides time for water well recovery, or time for slow-closing valves to turn off completely.
- Manual watering by station or program.
- Sensor inputs and override switch with LED to indicate when irrigation is suspended by the sensor.
- Non-volatile, 100-year memory holds program, date, and time during power outages.
- Diagnostic circuit breaker identifies electrical shorts, provides a "FAULT" message on the LCD screen, skips shorted stations, and continues irrigation cycle.
- Rapid Station Test Routine (RASTER™) enables the controller to diagnose and troubleshoot field wiring, solenoid, and controller problems quickly and easily.
- Mounting plate and mounting bracket provide fast, secure, vandal-resistant installation
- Surge protection makes the controller reliable and robust under extreme field conditions.
- Quick-connect terminal strip for fast installation.
- Universal remote ready: includes pre-installed connectors for addition of remote products.
- Heavy-duty transformer for simultaneous operation of up to nine 24VAC, 7VA solenoids.
- Removable, battery-programmable front panel for the convenience of both programming instruction and programming prior to installation.
- Available in 2 enclosures:
- Powder coated wall-mount steel cabinet
- Stainless Steel Pedestal
Note: All models also available in a stainless steel (SS) pedestal.
- Steel Wall-mount
- Width: 11 5/16" (28,7 cm)
- Height: 11 1/2" (29,2 cm)
Depth: 6 1/2" (16,5 cm)
- Stainless Steel Pedestal
- Width: 11 1/2" (29,2 cm)
- Height: 30" (75 cm)
- Depth: 11 1/2" (29,2 cm)
- Station timing: 0 to 12 hours for all stations (0 to 2 hours in 1-minute increments; above 2 hours in 10-minute increments).
- Automatic starts: 32 starts total, eight per program per day.
- Programming schedule:
- ODD day watering (per program)
- EVEN day watering (per program)
- CYCLICAL (1 to 99 days, variable per program)
- CUSTOM (day-of-the-week by program)
- Test program: Variable 1 to 99 minutes.
- Rain Delay: Programmable 1 to 99 days.
- Input required: 117VAC ± 10%, 60Hz (International models: 230VAC ± 10%, 50Hz)
- Output: 26.5VAC, 2.5A
- Station load capacity: Up to two 24VAC, 7VA solenoid valves per station plus a master valve or pump start relay.
- Diagnostic circuit breaker indicates stations with overloaded circuits, skips shorted stations, and continues irrigation cycle.
- Power supply overload, backup fuse: 3.0 Amp SLO-BLO.
- Battery backup: 9VDC, Ni-Cad rechargeable for programming under battery power and for maintaining active program-in-progress during a power outage.
- Heavy-duty electrical surge protection for both input power and field outputs.
- UL Listed; CSA, CE, C-Tick approved.
Optional Feature Specifications
- Pedestal Mount (PED-DD16 or stainless steel)
Tech Specs (PDF: 127 KB)
Fact Report (PDF: 94 MB)
User Manual (PDF: 2.7 MB)
WR2 ESP-MC Wiring Diagram (PDF: 229 KB)