Automatic Rain Shutoff
The Rain Check is indispensable in all automatic irrigation systems for residential use.
It monitors rainfall levels and automatically overrides the controller to prevent unnecessary irrigation cycles.
- Adjustable stainless steel sensing probes offer the flexibility of triggering the rain shutoff with as little as 1/8" (3,2 mm) of precipitation or when rainfall reaches or exceeds 1/2" (12,6 mm).
- Water in rain collector pan evaporates faster than soil moisture to permit watering if required.
- Electronic design eliminates micro switches and water absorbing disks which may rust and/or wear out
- UV resistant plastic construction increases operating life in harsh environments.
- Works with almost all 24 VAC controllers for maximum versatility.
- Does not change irrigation programs, but automatically interrupts watering cycle when rainfall exceeds pre-selected level. Automatic return to normal watering.
- Easy to install with adjustable mounting base.
- Collector pan can be removed for cleaning.
- Length: 8" maximum
- Height: 4" maximum
- Width: 2 1/2" maximum
- Input required: connects to valve common wire.
- Fuse: 3A
- Multi-valve capacity: Up to three Rain Bird 24 VAC solenoid valves per station.
- Not recommended for use with direct acting (non-flow switch) pump start relays.
User Manual (PDF: 5.8 MB)